Sound unit

Ways of Sound: Hi world, Lyla here. I am going to talk about some of the stuff I learned in Science.  I learned about Sound!  In my blog post I will share information about:

• What is Sound
  • What are vibrations
  • The tuning fork experiment
  • Kazoo
  • How does a ear work

Sound Rooms: If you were in a sound room, and if you scream, Nobody would hear you. That is because the sound did not bounce of the walls. The echo does not bounce

Questions: Here are some of the questions that my teacher asked me and I answer, Why can you hear someone who is in another room? My answer: Sound can be Reflected, that means it can bounce off the surface you are near. Question two: Why do we hear echos? My answer: The noise bounces off the wall, goes into the air into your ears. Question three: In a recording studio the walls are covers in bumpy foam. Why would they do this? My answer: When someone is recording you do not want the sound to reflect into the room. Question four: Name multiple objects we have to allow us to increase the volume of a sound. My answer: Speaker, Microphone, Headphones. Question five: Explain why we can hear sounds better in air then we can underwater. My answer: You can here the voice only a bit, that means it absorbed, It can bounce off some things.

What is sound: Sound can be absorbed, modified, and reflected. If sound is absorbed that means you are underwater. You can here a voice a tiny bit, but not a lot. Then there is reflected that is also a word for bouncing off things. Modified means sort of pitch and loudness.

Experiments I have done two experiments so far, The tuning fork one and the Kazoo one. What we did for the tuning fork is: I used, Tuning fork, Yogurt Container, Plastic rap, Scissors, Rubber band, Salt, Water. What I had to do is, 

• Cut a piece of plastic wrap and stretch it over the top of the yogurt container
  • Hold the plastic wrap in place with rubber band. Be sure the plastic wrap is tight, but do not rip it.
  • Sprinkle some salt on top of the plastic wrap
  • Hit the tuning fork on the edge off your shoe once, then hold it close to the Salt (do not let it touch anything )
  • The piece that’s four and five but this time tap your shoe multiple times
  • Repeat 4 and 5, but this time gently touch and plastic wrap with the tuning fork

Experiment number two:

• For the Kazoo( If you do not know what a Kazoo is here I can tell you) What I did was I grabbed a toilet paper roll, 
  • Then some different mitral of  Plastic wrap, Tissue paper, and Tin Foil
  • I grabbed an elastic
  • I took the roll, the Tissue paper and wrapped the elastic around it
  • I blew through the empty side and it made a noise!

Over here I am talking about the tuning fork

Videos Click here for the video about sound

Click here for me and I am writing the questions from above