My private recount

I went to a sleepover camp for the first time this year in Mont Tremblant. It is a long drive (almost like three hours). Mom drove me because I don’t feel great when I am in the car with people I don’t know. First, when I got there, there was loud music and I saw a big dodgeball court! There were a lot of people playing with chalk. About 10 minutes later, a big bus came and everyone was cheering. I did not know why but then I realized that a lot of campers were coming by bus. Everyone was excited because they wanted to make new friends. The session I attended was the second session and it lasted two weeks.

When the other campers got off the bus they asked people to sit in groups. I was in the group with my cabin mates. I was in cabin six. My cabin had about ten people, there were a lot of people that were nine years old in my cabin. Also one eight year old. My cabin was really huge

I started to make friends after a few days. Everyone in my cabin were my friends. My best friends were named Rebbeca and Blake. Rebbeca and I will not be in the same cabin next summer because she is in grade three, and I am in grade four.

At camp there is the chadar where you eat food. The food is very good at camp. My favorite was the Chinese night. I really liked it because it felt like you were at a fancy restaurant!  I loved everything about camp except the showers. There were spiders everywhere! There were evening services, and one time it was a challenging one where I had to go into the BOYS shower room and get wet in my clothes. Do not ask what I saw in there!

My Mom went to this camp and she loved it. When she told me about it, it seemed like a blast, and it was! I can’t wait to go back next summer!

Thank you for listening to my Recount

By Lyla

1 thought on “My private recount